Driving your own car rental on your staycation provides a more relaxing trip as you won’t have to worry about paying for overpriced taxi fares around the city for having to navigate the local bus services and system. Not only that but you will have the freedom to explore where you want whenever you want as well as being able to reach destinations where public transport might not be able to get to or where taxis would be too expensive. Finally, cheap car hire provides flexibility, plans can change but with a car you can adapt to these changes and easily alter your schedule.
Places of Interest in Belfast to Visit with a Car Hire
Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland and it is a city with a rich and deep-rooted history, incredible buildings, amazing nightlife, plenty of points of interest and no shortage of things to do and see. One attraction that should definitely be on your to-do list with your low cost rent a car when visiting the city is Titanic Belfast. It is the world’s largest Titanic visitor experience and brings you up close to the legendary ship. You will discover the history of how it was made, what led to its demise, what a standard cabin looked like, the legacy it has left behind and much more. Not to mention the building itself is shaped like the Titanic which is simply spectacular! Just across the way you will find S.S. Nomadic, the famous tender ship which carried first and second class passengers to the Titanic. It is also the last remaining White Star Line vessel. Belfast city centre is fantastic for a day of retail therapy, grabbing a cuppa from any of the trendy coffee shops and then relaxing at the end of the day in one of the city’s many bars, pubs and restaurants. From the old fashioned and world famous Crown Liquor Saloon pub to the quirky, contemporary Mexican burrito bar Boojum, Belfast has it all. However, if you are a fan of the show, perhaps the only reason you travelled to Belfast was to take the Game of Thrones tour. Here you get the chance to go behind the scenes of one of the most famous TV shows in the world and experience some of the real life film locations.
Car Hire Tips in Belfast
- The best place to hire a car is from Belfast International airport but you can also find a few car hire companies located near the main train station.
- Some of the car hire companies on offer include the reputable Avis, Hertz, Alamo and Sixt among others.
- Apart from quite a busy city centre, the roads in and around Belfast are relatively easy to navigate which is ideal.
- Being the capital of Northern Ireland, Belfast is extremely well-connected to most other parts of the country meaning a full day-trip or a half day-trip to a small, picturesque town like Enniskellen or the lively and famous Derry.
- It is always recommended to book your car hire in advance in order to get the best deal.