Hiring a cheap car in Croatia gives you the ability to explore all this beautiful country has to offer, from the lively tourist resorts to more tranquil, hidden locations. Having your own vehicle rental offers a level of comfort that public transport does not provide, this can be good for families travelling with small children as it is far more convenient to jump in the car than it is to try and sort bus or train tickets, especially if you are unfamiliar with the language. Finally, as a country lacking a modern train network, renting a car is definitely the best way to explore Croatia.
Information on Places to Visit in Croatia with a Car
Undoubtedly one of the most popular sites to visit in Croatia are the Walls of Dubrovnik. This series of defence walls were built in the 13th century and run uninterrupted for 1940 metres, however, they are most famously known due to their feature in Game of Thrones as King’s Landing. Whether you are a fan of the show or not this is definitely one of the best places to visit in Croatia. Another popular site to visit is Palazzo di Diocleziano, one of the highlights of Split. This large area consists of many beautiful buildings inside the walled structure of Split Old Town, the ancient palace was built for the Roman emperor Diocletian and is now one of the most visited locations in Croatia. Not only are there fantastic sites to visit in Croatia but there a numerous scenic driving routes which can take you along the coastline and through the countryside. For example, Jadranska Magistrala which is also known as the Adriatic Highway is a road that runs 643 kilometres along Croatia’s Dalmatian coast and is considered to be one of the most breathtaking stretches in Europe’s E65. Finally, another fantastic route to take is the State Road D32, even though it is just less than 50 kilometres in length it boasts some of the best views in the country. You will pass through the mountain region of Gorski Kotar where you will witness incredible views of lakes, meadows and mountains. It comes as no surprise that it’s so popular amongst road-trippers. So make sure you don’t miss out and book your low-cost rental vehicle in Croatia today!
Car Hire Tips in Croatia
- Hiring a car is a great idea in Croatia due to the lack of public transport in more rural parts of the country.
- Car hire in Croatia is cheap and easy to arrange, you will often find a great selection at major airports like Pula, Split, Dubrovnik, Zagreb for example.
- There are plenty of international car rental companies located in the airport this includes Budget, Hertz, Avis and Sixt, however, there are also local vehicle rental companies sure to give you a competitive price.
- It is always best to book online in advance as you will be able to save money by comparing prices across the companies.
- You must be at least 21 years old to drive in Croatia, so make sure you have the correct ID on hand and you’ll be ready to hop in your low-cost hire car!