Golf breaks in the UK allow you to experience some of the most beautiful destinations the UK has to offer while playing a sport with friends and family, what more could you want? The British Isles offers some of the most fantastic golf courses, many of which have championship status which makes this a great idea for a staycation.
Some of the best UK Golf Breaks include:
1. The Belfry Golf Resort, Midlands, UK
2. Celtic Manor Golf Resort, Wales, UK
3. The Vale Resort, Wales UK
4. Fairmont St Andrews, Scotland
5. Close House, Northumberland, UK
6. Rockliffe Hall, Northumberland, UK
7. Belton Woods, Midlands, UK
What to do on golf breaks?
Golf resorts are often found in some of the most beautiful locations giving you the opportunity to visit some popular areas and explore what is on offer when you are not golfing, this could include visiting bars and restaurants on an evening or perhaps exploring the surrounding landscape. As well as that many of the hotels providing golf breaks also feature a spa where you can unwind as well as a gym and fitness facilities to keep you busy, so there is sure to be something for everyone beyond the golf course.
UK Golf Deals
There are certain websites which allow you to create your own golf package ensuring the experience is completely catered towards you. As well as that, popular deals include the ‘sunday driver’ deal which includes a discounted sunday night stay as well as golf on both the sunday and monday morning, great for those on a budget. You will also often find group golf deals, getting certain places free if you are travelling in a larger group and finally, last minute golf breaks are limited but often provide great discounts! However they often sell out fast and when they’re gone, they’re gone so you will have to be quick!
Cheap Golf and Spa Breaks
1. Oulton Hall is located just outside Leeds and offers 1 night dinner, bed and breakfast, two rounds of Golf as well as a spa option.
2. Slaley Hall in Northumberland offers 1 night dinner, bed and breakfast, two rounds of golf at Hunting or Priestman course as well as a spa option.
3. Belton Woods in Lincolnshire offers 1 night dinner, bed and breakfast, 2 rounds of golf at Lakes of Woodside course and a spa option
These are the cheapest offers but some, such as Belton Woods, offer deals with multiple night stays and unlimited golf rounds so you can really make the most out of your staycation.