Hiring a cheap car in Canada is definitely one of the best ways to explore all this beautiful country has to offer. Having your own vehicle rental offers a level of comfort that public transport does not provide, this can be especially good for families travelling with small children as it is far more convenient to jump in the car than it is to try and sort bus or train tickets for example. Not only that but this way you will be able to see sights and visit attractions not on the usual visitor’s itinerary allowing you to get away from the hustle and bustle of standard tourist resorts.
Information on Places to Visit in Canada with a Car
One of the most popular sites to visit in Canada is Mount Royal Park, the park was designed by Olmstead who is the same person responsible for New York’s Central Park, and the park itself is one of Montreal’s largest greenspaces. If you are staying in Montreal, it will take roughly 20 minutes to drive there, however, with the added bonus of hiring a car even if you are staying in places like Quebec City and Ottawa you will still be able to visit the park if you take a road trip! Another popular site to visit is, of course, Niagara Falls waterfall. This 167ft waterfall is actually made from three separate waterfalls and is the second largest falls in the world. Niagara Falls city also offers plenty for tourists including many great restaurants, bars and cafes great for grabbing something to eat before heading up to see the incredible waterfall. As well as that, you won’t want to miss a trip to Old Quebec where you can find buildings dating back to the 17th century, plenty of historic landmarks and fascinating museums. It is definitely a great place to visit if you are wanting to find out more about the history and culture of the area, which has now been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. As Canada is the world’s second-largest country the best way to see it is to hop in a car and drive! There are plenty of great driving routes and places to visit in Canada with a hire car, for example, the Sea to Sky Highway (Highway 99) will take you past the ocean, forest, mountains and farmland while giving you the opportunity to stop off at places like Squamish and Whistler. Finally, another popular road trip is around the Bay of Fundy, here you will find the world’s highest tides at up to 50 feet as well as the opportunity to explore St. Martines’ red-rock sea caves. There is an endless amount to do in Canada so why not fit in as much as you can by hiring a car?
Car Hire Tips in Canada
- In Canada car hire desks can be found in the majority of airports, this includes rental companies such as Alamo, Avis, Hertz, Budget and more, all offering cheap prices.
- You will also find that city pick-ups are also possible for those who do not want to rent a car straight from the airport but still want to save money on transport.
- It is always a good idea to compare prices online to ensure you are finding the best low-cost rental car.
- Canadians drive on the right-hand side of the road which is opposite to British roads, so that is something to always keep in mind.
- If you are planning to cross into different provinces in Canada make sure to check the details of your car rental contract to ensure this is permitted.