Hiring a cheap car in Ireland is one of the best ways to make your holiday that bit easier and more relaxing as it gives you the option to explore where you want at your own pace. As well as that, it provides that extra bit of comfort and relaxation especially for families who might find using public transport difficult and stressful. Finally, there will be no need to worry about taxi prices, schedules or bus stops giving you more freedom to visit areas which are maybe less popular amongst tourists due to its accessibility.
Information on Places to Visit in Ireland with a Car
There are plenty of great attractions and places to visit in Ireland for example the Lakes of Killarney Cruise offers panoramic views giving visitors more of an exciting way to explore the National Park. By hiring a car you are not stuck with just visiting the most popular city tourist areas therefore why not venture out and explore some of Ireland’s stunning beaches including Banna Strand, Coumeenoole Beach or Lahinch Beach which are sure to be fun for all! Not only that but you will be able to experience the Ring of Kerry, a scenic loop drive on Iveragh Peninsula, the route begins in Killarney and follows the N71 to Kenmare and then the N70 passing through Sneem, Waterville, Cahersiveen and Glenbeigh before returning to Killarney. The route passes many popular attractions along the way so you can stop off wherever you like and have a look around the beautiful towns. Finally, for those wanting to visit some historical sites, Ireland is not short of breathtaking castles, for example, Blarney Castle and Gardens is a medieval stronghold near Cork with fantastic grounds to explore as well as a quaint cafe to grab something to eat. But of course, arguably the most famous castle in Ireland, Dublin Castle, is not one to be missed, it is a major Irish government complex, conference centre and tourist attraction dating back to the 18th century. With the help of a low cost rental vehicle you can save money and can be sure to visit each of these desirable sites at your own ease!
Car Hire Tips in Ireland
- Ireland measures around 300 miles from top to bottom making this the perfect destination for a self-drive holiday
- Many main car companies including Hertz, Avis and Budget can be found in a number of locations around Ireland, including Cork, Dublin, Kerry and more so wherever you going you are sure to find a hub near you
- All basic road rules are generally the same as those in the UK making this perfect for less confident drivers
- You will often find cheaper car hire by comparing deals online rather than booking there and then in one of the offices
- Road signs and speed limits use kilometres rather than miles so be sure to double check you’re not exceeding the limit!
- Make sure to check the car’s condition and report any visible damages in order to avoid being charged unnecessarily
- If you don’t plan on staying in one city the best way to get around Ireland is definitely to drive.