Vehicle rentals are perfect for couples wanting to take charge of their holiday as well as families wanting to explore with as little hassle as possible. Not only that but hiring a cheap car can often save you money on holiday as it means you have greater flexibility to stay in a variety of locations and are not confined to the city centre. Ultimately, you will have much greater freedom, there is no need to rush or keep to a fixed schedule due to transport timings so you can be sure to explore at your own pace!
Low Cost Rent-a-Car in Verona
One of the most popular attractions to visit is definitely Arena di Verona with a low cost rent-a-car. This ancient stadium was actually built before the Colosseum and is one of the best conserved Roman amphitheatres. It is still in use today and is internationally famous for hosting large-scale opera performances. One of the most popular landmarks to visit is Piazza delle Erbe. The Piazza is surrounded by historic buildings and quaint cafes it is no wonder that this is one of the most picturesque squares in Italy! As well as that, many tourists enjoy visiting Centro Storico as it features a selection of boutiques, cosy bars, sidewalk trattorias and lively markets ensuring there is something for everyone. It is a great way to explore the historical and cultural side of the city before doing a spot of shopping or grabbing a bite to eat. On the other hand, if you are interested in exploring religious sites one of the most popular attractions is the Basilica di San Zeno Maggiore, this church has over 1000 years of history and is thought to be one of the best preserved examples of Romanesque architecture in the whole of Northern Italy, therefore it is definitely worth a visit! Hiring a car while staying in Northern Italy is a great idea especially if you are wanting to explore towns and cities further out from Verona. For example, it takes roughly 1 hour to travel from Verona to Lake Garda and around 1 hour 20 minutes to Venice. By hiring a car you really have the freedom to explore more of what Italy has to offer.
Car Hire Tips for Verona
- The city of Verona is a UNESCO World Heritage site with a rich medieval history.
- There are plenty of car rental booths at Verona airport including Europcar, Avis, Hertz, Sixt and more all offering competitive prices.
- It is always a good idea to book online well in advance in order to get the best possible price.
- It is a good idea to bring a sat-nav or have a GPS device installed on your phone if you are planning day trips to places such as Lake Garda.
- Traffic is not permitted in the old town of Verona therefore it is recommended to park in one of the multi-storey car parks and explore the centre on foot.
- It takes roughly 15 minutes to drive from Verona Airport to the city centre.
- If you are driving along the autostrada (the motorway) you will find that these are toll roads so make sure to have some cash on hand.