Car hire on holiday is becoming increasingly popular as it is making trips more convenient and giving tourists the freedom to explore where they want, when they want! Car hire can be great for families and couples, for families it helps to minimize the stress of public transport allowing for a much more relaxed and comfortable holiday experience. Whereas for couples it gives them the opportunity to explore more of what’s on offer than just the typical tourist spots and allows them to visit quieter and more hidden locations. Overall, it is a good way to get away from the hustle and bustle of busy tourist spots.
Car Hire Places of Interest in Milan
There are plenty of great sites and attractions to visit in Milan including the Duomo di Milano, this stunning cathedral is the most impressive structure in Milan and even has more than 3,500 exterior statues situated around the building. It is definitely a site not to be missed. As well as that, the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is Italy’s oldest active shopping gallery. It is housed within a four-story double arcade in the centre of town, the architecture is incredible and is the perfect place to do a spot of shopping. Another great attraction to visit is Teatro Alla Scala, this incredible opera house was inaugurated in 1778 and still hosts shows to this day! Tickets can be booked online and it is sure to provide an evening of great entertainment. By hiring a car you will be able to visit some beautiful places often out of reach of tourists, for example, Lake Como is just over an hour and a half drive from Milan. The scenery here is incredible and the lake itself is the third largest of the Italian lakes, it is definitely worth the visit if you have a car. Finally, if you are wanting to venture out on an extended day trip why not visit Portofino? It is 2 hours 40 minutes from Milan in the car, it is a beautiful fishing village famous for its picturesque harbour and rich culture.
Car Hire Tips in the Milan
- Book your car hire as early as possible in order to guarantee the best prices.
- Car hire offices can be found in Terminal 1 of Malpensa’s (MXP) airport.
- Your car rental will also be cheaper if you keep costly extras to a minimum, for example, try bringing your own car seat if you are travelling with a small child, this way you won’t have to pay any extra.
- There are a variety of car hire companies situated in the airport such as Europcar, Goldcar, Hertz and more.
- Comparing prices online beforehand is always a good idea as you will easily be able to compare prices.
- The drive from Malpensa airport to Milan takes roughly an hour.
- There are also plenty of car hire companies found in Milan Linate Airport.
- Central Milan is roughly a 15-20 minute drive from Linate airport.
- Milan city centre is generally quite busy, especially on weekdays and so it is advised to park just out of the centre and walk-in, in order to find a good parking space with minimal stress.