Hiring a cheap car will ultimately save you a lot of time as you won’t have to find and stick to the public transport schedules ensuring you have plenty of time to visit everywhere on your itinerary. Not only that but it is a great way to escape all the usual tourist traps and explore the area like a local. Finally, a great advantage of vehicle rental means you can stay in accommodation that is further from the centre and therefore cheaper because you have the ability to drive to the centre if and when you need to.
Low Cost Rent-a-Car in Turin
You will find a great selection of sites and attractions to visit in Turin, for example, Museo Egizio. This is one of the most popular attractions in the area, it is an Egyptian archaeological museum founded in 1824 making it the world’s oldest Egyptian museum. As there is only two of this kind of museum in the world it is definitely worth a visit! As well as that, another popular attraction is the Juventus Stadium. Here you can embark on a tour and visit its museum, the guides will happily tell you all about the history of the club and its present events. Another great site to visit is the Mole Antonelliana. The Mole has become the symbol of Turin, it sits in the centre of the historical area, was constructed in 1889 and is in fact the tallest museum in the world. So why not visit the top for some incredible views? Not only are there great attractions and sites for you to visit here but you have the opportunity to take part in a variety of different tours, for example, the Barolo wine and food tasting tour, a chocolate and sweets tour, a bike tour, a street food tour and more. So whether you want to explore the city further or try some of the local cuisine there is sure to be something for you. Finally, with the added bonus of hiring a low cost rent-a-car you have the option to visit some of the fantastic surrounding cities, for example, Milan is only a 2 hour drive away which is a perfect day trip destination!
Car Hire Tips for Turin
- Turin lies within driving distance of Milan, Genoa and the French border.
- There is a good selection of car hire booths at Sandro Pertini Airport, this includes Avis, Sixt, Europcar, Hertz and more.
- It is always advised to compare car rental prices online beforehand rather than hoping for a good deal on the day.
- It is best to book a while in advance in order to get the best car hire deals.
- You can visit the medieval port city of Genoa in less than two hours by car.
- Make sure to check the car’s condition and report any visible damages in order to avoid being charged for other people’s carelessness.
- It’s always a good idea to use a GPS when travelling anywhere unfamiliar, google maps navigation will be a big help when driving to places like Milan and Genoa