Hiring a cheap car is a great opportunity for you to take charge of your holiday, there is no need to stick to public transport giving you the opportunity to explore where you want, when you want! There is no need to keep to a fixed schedule and so you can take your holiday at your own pace. As well as that, hiring a vehicle gives you the chance to broaden your horizons and move away from the typical tourist spots giving you the freedom to explore more untouched and quaint areas, perfect for making your trip that bit more special.
Low Cost Rent-a-Car in Sorrento
One of the most popular attractions in Sorrento is Chiostro di San Francesco, this beautiful 14th-century monastery now hosts concerts and a selection of other activities and is just steps away from the historic town’s central piazza. As well as that, one of the most popular destinations is Bagni Della Regina Giovanna. Here you will find the ruins of a Roman villa, breathtaking coastal views and a beach. However, this isn’t a traditional style beach but more of a hidden natural swimming pool and is definitely worth the visit, regardless of whether you’re travelling as a couple or with your family. Not only that but Piazza Tasso is the place to go when it comes to bars and eateries, the aqure is named after the poet Torquato Tasso and is always bustling with life. Whether you’re looking for fine dining or a quick lunch there is sure to be something for you. A popular activity tourists often like to take part in is the Sorrento Farm and Food Experience which includes olive oil, Limoncello and wine tasting. This is a great way to try what the locals have to offer. Finally, by hiring a car on your holiday you have the opportunity to visit other incredible destinations for the day, for example, Naples is just over an hour’s drive and Pompeii can be reached in around 30 minutes. A low cost rent-a-car in Sorrento really gives you the freedom to explore.
Car Hire Tips for Sorrento
- Europcar, Budget, Avis and Hertz all have rental offices in Sorrento and allow return at Naples’ airport.
- Vehicles are only permitted between November and April.
- Many tourists also find hiring a car in Naples and driving to Sorrento is a good option, with the added bonus of a scenic drive!
- It is a good idea to bring a sat-nav or have a GPS device installed on your phone if you are planning to drive from Naples to Sorrento to ensure your journey is as stress-free as possible.
- It is always best to check your car for damages before driving off to ensure you are not mistakenly charged when you return the car.
- There are quite a lot of scooters that drive around the roads in Sorrento, so always be careful of these when you’re are driving along the narrow roads.
- Always be attentive when driving along the winding roads especially near the coast.