Hiring a cheap car gives you the freedom to explore the area at your own pace and visit places other than the typical tourist spots. Not only that but having your own car can often help achieve a much more relaxing holiday as you don’t have the stress of using public transport which can be confusing in another country especially if you don’t speak the language. Finally, you can plan your days according to you and your own routine; if you find your itinerary is beginning to fill up with transfers and public transport it is probably worth your while renting a vehicle.
Low Cost Rent-a-Car in Genoa
One popular attraction in Genoa is the Galata Museo del Mare, this modern museum can be found on Genoa’s waterfront. You will find a variety of exhibits explaining more about Genoa’s history as well as the opportunity to tour a submarine, it is a great way to learn more about the history of the city. One of the most popular sites to visit is Spinanata Castelletto, the fort overlooks the centre of Genoa offering incredible views of the surrounding area. It is definitely the best place to go and see Genoa in all its glory! As well as that Cattedrale di San Lorenzo is another landmark not to be missed. This 12th-century cathedral is symbolic of the wealth and power of Genoa in the Middle Ages and is the host of beautiful statues, jewelry and religious artefacts. You will also find there are plenty of tours in which you can embark on, for example, audio walking and food tours, however, you can also get involved with a selection of experiences and activities such as snorkeling and traditional home cooking classes! So there really is something here for everyone. Finally, with the added bonus of hiring a low cost rent-a-car, you can visit other stunning locations such as Portofino in under 50 minutes, this way you can really make the most of your stay!
Car Hire Tips for Genoa
- Genoa is the ideal place to make use of car rental and explore the beautiful regions of north-western Italy.
- You will find a variety of car rental companies based in Genoa Airport such as Avis, Hertz, Sixt and more.
- Booking online and well in advance always guarantees you the best prices.
- You will also find car hire booths available in the downtown area if you do not want to rent straight from the airport.
- Having your own car means you can visit the stunning coastal regions with more ease.
- Genoa is only a couple of hour’s drive of Turin and Milan, so there are plenty of options for you to embark on a day trip or two!
- The old town is a ZTL area meaning it is a restricted traffic area.
- There are a variety of car parking zones located near the old town such as Via Moresco and Piazzale Marassi
- It is always a good idea to have a GPS app installed on your phone in order for you to find the most convenient car parks.