It is a good idea to hire a car whilst on holiday as it can be helpful knowing the full cost of your transport upfront as you can then factor that into your budget. Not only that but it allows you to get off the beaten track and explore places that aren’t always easily accessible to tourists, making your stay even more memorable. Car rentals are perfect for couples wanting to take charge of their holiday as well as families as it ensures comfort and minimal stress which you tend not to find on public transport. Finally, you can take charge of your holiday, there is no need to rush or keep to a fixed schedule due to transport timings so you can be sure to explore at your own pace!
Car Hire Places of Interest in Malaga
Malaga is home to a fantastic range of sites and attractions however the most well-known attraction is probably The Alcazaba of Malaga. It was built in the 11th century by the Moors, the site is very well maintained featuring courtyards, patios, fountains and stunning gardens. It is perfect for those wanting to explore the history of the area. Not only that but there is a fantastic selection of beaches to visit such as Malaguesta, Pedregalejo and La Caleta beach, ideal for a bit of relaxation time after a busy day exploring. Another fantastic site to visit is La Concepción Historical Botanical Gardens, it is located in the Northern part of the city and can be slightly more difficult to reach for those who do not have a car. However for those that do it takes roughly 15 minutes to drive from the centre of Malaga and is certainly not a site that you want to miss! Finally, another great place to visit for those who are hiring a car is Montes de Malaga Natural Park. It is about a 50 minute drive from the city centre and it is definitely worth the drive! It is considered ‘Malaga’s green lung’ with plenty of paths, picnic areas, a few restaurants and even 2 mountain bike trails, making this the perfect trip out for everyone!
Car Hire Tips in Malaga
- There are many big companies offering hire cars at the airport including Avis, Sixt, Europcar and Hertz
- Malaga city centre is roughly a 25 minute drive from the airport
- It is always best to book online beforehand in order to find and compare the best deals rather than relying on the one company
- You will still be able to find a selection of hire car offices in the city centre, some will even drop your car off at your hotel for an extra fee
- Driving in Malaga tends to be easier than driving in some of Spain’s larger cities, making this ideal if you are not the most confident of drivers
- Parking in the very centre of Malaga can be limited so it’s always best to find where the closest car parks are before you arrive
- Hiring a car gives you access to parts of Malaga often hidden and forgotten to tourists, making your stay more unique!
- There is some difficult terrain when driving through the mountains so be sure to stay alert if you are planning a trip out there