Having your own hire car while on holiday provides a much more relaxing trip as you don’t have to worry about paying for overpriced taxi fares or missing buses which isn’t that uncommon if you are travelling with small children or are not familiar with the language or region. Not only that but you have the freedom to explore where you want whenever you want without having to plan your schedule too much. If you’re feeling tired after the end of a long day or you fancy making last minute changes to your plans, hiring a vehicle is your best friend in these circumstances. Cheap car rental gives you the maximum possible flexibility and convenience which is essential when it comes to ensuring that your holiday plans go smoothly.
Low Cost Rent-a-Car in Granada
Even though Granada is a relatively small city in the south of Spain, it is packed full of amazing things to do and see after booking a low cost rent a car. It has Moorish heritage that dates back all of the way to the year 700 and remnants of this can be found all throughout the city. Due to its unique geographical position, it is a destination for both sizzling summer sunshine and fun winter skiing depending on the time of year you choose to visit. Without a doubt the main attraction to the city is the incredible Alhambra. It is the iconic image of Granada that you will see on all of the postcards. It is the city’s palace, fortress, summer retreat and enclosed town all rolled into one. It was built during the 1200s and 1300s for the Nasrids, who ruled the the Emirate of Granada in the final centuries of Muslim control in Andalucia. After the “Reconquista” it then became the royal court of the Catholic Monarchs, Isabella I and Ferdinand II. Next door to the Alhambra itself you will find Generalife gardens which sit adjacent to the palace. Another great thing to do is to take a wander through the whitewashed, narrow streets of Albayzín and grab a small beer or a “quinto” with your tapas as you soak up the wonderful, peaceful atmosphere of the place.
Car Hire Tips for Granada
- Most of the main attractions in Granada city centre are navigable by foot, so car hire may not be strictly necessary if you plan on staying close to the city centre.
- The city streets are relatively narrow and there are a number of one-way systems but there are usually plenty of car parking spaces.
- If you plan on exploring the surrounding regions including the mountains, coast and neighbouring towns and cities, then we highly recommend that you hire a car.
- The best place to hire is either from Granada’s relatively small airport or from the train station.
- The main competing car hire companies including Avis, Enterprise, and Europcar.