Hiring a cheap car gives you the freedom to explore the area at your own pace and visit places other than the typical tourist spots. This way you will be able to see sights and visit attractions that are not on the usual visitor’s itinerary and get away from the hustle and bustle of tourist resorts. Finally, you can plan your days according to you and your own routine; if you find your itinerary is beginning to fill up with transfers and public transport it is probably worth your while renting a vehicle.
Low Cost Rent-a-Car in Kerry
One of the sites most popular with tourists visiting Kerry is Killarney National Park. This was the first national park in Ireland, being established in 1932, and it offers incredible views of the mountains, lake and woodlands. The park is the perfect place to visit if you have spent too much time exploring urban areas. Ultimately, it is sure to be a great day out for both families and couples. On the other hand, one of the most popular attractions to visit is the Dingle Distillery, a popular Irish whiskey distillery established in 2012. The distillery itself is located in a converted sawmill and welcomes visitors to enjoy a tour of the facility where the production process and products are all explained. As well as that, if you are hiring a low cost rent-a-car you will be able to explore the Ring of Kerry, this is a scenic drive around the Iveragh Peninsula, it is 179km-long and will take you from beautiful coastlines to rural seaside villages. Here you will be far away from the hustle and bustle of life, you will be able to unwind and relax in some of Ireland’s most peaceful areas. It is definitely a great way to escape the busy tourist sites. Finally, another fantastic site to visit is Skellig Michael, this is a breathtaking World Heritage Site located roughly 12 kilometres off the coast of Ireland. The site has become even more famous in recent years as it was featured in the Star Wars movies ‘The Force Awakens’ and ‘The Last Jedi’, however even if you are not a Star Wars fan you are sure to enjoy a tour of the beautiful island.
Car Hire Tips for Kerry
- Driving is the best way to get around the region so hiring a car will definitely be a good way to see all of what the county has to offer.
- There is a great range of car hire companies located in Kerry International Airport.
- It is always a good idea to check your car for any damages before driving away in order to avoid being charged unnecessarily.
- The greatest attraction of this stunning area is the long, tranquil coastline, perfect if you are wanting to take a scenic drive.
- You should drive clockwise around the Ring of Kerry because tour buses drive anti-clockwise therefore this way you won’t get stuck behind them.
- It is always advised to have a GPS app installed on your phone when driving around unfamiliar areas, as it helps you find the best route and will stop you from getting lost.