Hiring a car will ultimately save you time on your trip as you won’t have to find and stick to public transport schedules, as a result, you will be able to fit in everything on your itinerary and have plenty time to explore. As well as that, hiring a car gives you the chance to broaden your horizons and move away from the typical tourist spots giving you the opportunity to visit more untouched and quaint areas, perfect for making your trip that bit more exciting. Ultimately, when you hire a car there is no route that can be left untravelled!
Places of Interest in Cork with Car Hire
You will find one of the most popular attractions in Cork to be Nano Nagle Place, this beautiful heritage museum is a restored walled convent featuring gorgeous hidden gardens. This is a great place to visit if you want to explore the history and culture of Cork, not only that but there is a lovely quaint cafe where you can stop by for food and drinks. Another great place to visit is The English Market, this flea market sells a whole range of things including fresh teas, bread, jam, meat, cheese, sweets and more! You will find many locals doing their shopping here due to its incredible selection, ultimately it is definitely worth the visit if you are visiting the city. As well as that, Blarney Castle & Gardens is yet another popular attraction to visit, this medieval stronghold was built nearly six hundred years ago and is one of the strongest surviving tower-houses in the country. It is most famous however for its stone, which is said to give a person the gift of eloquence and persuasiveness. With the added advantage of hiring a car in Cork you will be able to visit Cobh in around 30 minutes, here you can visit other popular attractions including the Titanic Experience and Cobh Cathedral and finally, it takes just over an hour and a half to reach Kerry in the car which is another great destination for a day trip.
Car Hire Tips in Cork
- Cork makes an excellent base for exploring the south by car.
- It takes roughly 20 minutes to drive from Cork Airport to the city centre.
- You will find a range of car rental companies based in the airport, for example, Europcar, Avis, Hertz, Kayak, Budget and more.
- Hiring a car saves you money on taxi fares if you plan to visit locations slightly further out from Cork.
- It is always a good idea to compare car rental prices online beforehand to ensure you are getting the best deal.
- Many rental companies offer their own insurance policies with cover that you may not need, so it’s always a good idea to know what cover you have before picking up your car.