Hiring a cheap car in Perpignan is the best way to make the most of your holiday as it gives you the freedom to explore wherever you want, giving you the opportunity to visit sites and attractions that may not always be easily accessible to tourists. Not only that but whilst on holiday you don’t want to spend hours on public transport as that can take away from your time exploring, especially if you are only on holiday for a relatively short period of time. After all, time is precious! Finally, if you are travelling as a couple or a family you can save money by hiring a car as buses will tend to charge per person per trip which can really start to add up.
Information on Places to Visit in Perpignan With a Car
You will find one of the most popular attractions to visit in Perpignan is Cathedrale St-Jean, this cathedral is a national monument of France and is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist. Whether you are religious or not this site is a great place to visit because of its stunning interior with amazing attention to detail. Alternatively, another popular attraction is The Hyacinthe Rigaud Museum which is housed in two mansions in the city centre and was recently renovated in 2017. Inside you will find impressive collections and exhibitions great for those interested in art. Another popular museum to visit in Perpignan is Castillet, built in the 14th century this gateway tower and fortress has also served as a prison and public building and so is rich with history. It is definitely a good place to visit if you enjoy exploring the history of towns and cities. For those renting a cheap hire car and are planning on using Perpignan as the base for their French adventure there are plenty of great places to visit which are sure to make your trip very exciting. Firstly, the Pyrenees Mountains can be reached in just over 4 hours, this incredible mountain range is one of the most popular in the world and is definitely worth a visit if you have your own vehicle rental. On the other hand, if you are looking for somewhere with a slightly shorter drive why not visit Toulouse. This beautiful city is well known for its art, history and culture, yet what a lot of people don’t know is that it is also the centre of the European aerospace industry! Do not miss out on this opportunity to explore France at your own pace and book your low-cost vehicle rental today!
Car Hire Tips in Perpignan
- There is a range of car hire companies located in Perpignan Airport including Enterprise, Hertz, Sixt and more so you are sure to find a great low-cost deal.
- Always ask about the petrol policy as it can vary between companies, some offer a bring it back empty policy whereas others offer a bring it back full agreement.
- It is always best to book your vehicle rental online and then all you need to do is collect, as you will often find the workers trying to upsell you perks that you don’t really need.
- It’s always a good idea to use a GPS when travelling anywhere unfamiliar, google maps navigation will be a big help when driving to places like Toulouse.
- If you want to hire a cheap car rental for a shorter period of time you will also find companies based in the city centre so you can pick up your car from there while still being able to save money on transport.