Hiring a cheap car in Biarritz ensures you will be able to visit the popular sites and attractions at much greater ease as you won’t have to worry about public transport timings which can be even more confusing if you don’t speak the language. Not only that but you can plan your days according to you and your own routine and so if you find your itinerary is beginning to fill up with transfers and travelling on public transport it is probably worth your while renting a low-cost vehicle.
Information on Places to Visit in Biarritz With a Car
One of the most popular landmarks in the town is the Rocher de la Vierge. This impressive rock formation can be found in the Bay of Biscay boasting beautiful views and a Virgin Mary statue on top, you can walk out to it by crossing the beach path and metal bridge. On the other hand, The Côte des Basques is a great place to visit if you are looking to try out a bit of surfing. It is actually said to be the birthplace of French surfing which began in 1956 and is a great place for some picturesque holiday snaps! Alternatively, why not take a trip to the Aquarium de Biarritz where you can get up close to many different species of fish, seals and even sharks. The aquarium has been modernised and doubled in surface area in order to house even more marine life making it a great place for families to go to see all the beautiful creatures. With the added advantage of hiring a car you will be able to fit day trips into your stay to locations which would be difficult to reach if you had to use public transport or get a taxi for example. The first popular destination to mention is San Sebastian, it takes just less than an hour to drive from Biarritz and this stunning Spanish resort town is sure not to disappoint due to its world-renowned restaurants, cobblestoned old town and gorgeous beaches. Alternatively, if you are looking for a lengthier road trip why not visit the Pyrenees. It is around a 3 and a half-hour drive from Biarritz and features a great variety of hiking trails depending on how high you want to climb. This is sure to be a great adventurous day out! So make sure you don’t miss out on the opportunity to explore these fantastic locations and book your cheap hire car today!
Car Hire Tips in Biarritz
- Biarritz is located just inside the French border just 11 miles from Spain, by hiring a car you will be able to fit in a trip across the border making your holiday even more exciting.
- There are plenty of hire car companies based at Biarritz Airport such as Kayak, Sixt, Europcar and more, all offering deals helping you to save money when travelling.
- It is always advised to book online in advance in order for you to benefit from the best possible deals.
- You can save money on your rental vehicle by bringing any extras with you, for example, bring your own sat-nav or have a GPS app downloaded on your phone and bring your own car seat if you are travelling with young children so you don’t have to pay more money unnecessarily.
- It is a good idea to avoid driving during peak times unless you are prepared to wait in traffic jams.