Hiring a cheap car in Marseille is the perfect way to escape the busy tourist spots and explore the destination as a local. As well as that, having your own car tends to help towards a much more relaxing holiday as you won’t have the stress of using public transport which can be confusing in another country especially if you don’t speak the language. Finally, by renting a low-cost car abroad you won’t have to stick to timetables or schedules meaning you can change plans easily as you go along making your holiday perfectly suited to you!
Information on Places to Visit in Marseille With a Car
A trip to Marseille is not complete without visiting the Basilique Notre Dame de la Garde, this monument of Marseille was built in the 1850s and can be found on the highest hill near the Old Port. It is thought to watch over sailors, fishermen and the people of Marseille, ultimately it is a great place to visit to admire the history and culture of the city. Alternatively, another popular place to visit is Parc National des Calanques, it was established in 2012 and extends over 520 square kilometres. It takes around 30 minutes to drive from the centre of Marseille to the National Park so is great for those planning on hiring a low-cost vehicle rental, not only that but the beautiful cliffs and inlets in this park make the perfect place for some great holiday snaps! Again, if you want to explore more of the history and culture of the area why not visit Le Vieux Port, this historic natural harbour was once filled with commercial and military ships and is considered by some to be the most beautiful feature of mainland Marseille, so it is definitely not to be missed. If you are planning on renting a cheap hire car you will have the opportunity to go on day trips to some of the most beautiful places close by, for example, Cassis can be reached after a 50 minute drive. This stunning port town is a great place to visit if you are wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of Marseille for a day, it boasts a picturesque fishing village and popular recreation centre. Alternatively, if you are wanting to adventure out even further why not visit Gordes, said to be one of France’s most beautiful villages, it features many well-preserved historic buildings and so is no surprise that many famous artists have found inspiration here. To ensure you don’t miss out on any of this book your cheap car rental today!
Car Hire Tips in Marseille
- Car hire desks can be found at Marseille airport whether at the front of terminal 1 or in the car park, this includes companies such as Enterprise, Hertz, Sixt and more so you can be sure to find a low-cost deal perfect for you.
- It takes roughly 25-minutes to drive from the airport to Marseille itself.
- If you don’t want to hire a car from the airport but still want to save money when travelling you can pick up a cheap rental in the city centre instead, there are many offices near Marseille-Saint-Charles railway station.
- Street parking can be difficult but you can find plenty of car parks near the city’s most popular attractions.
- Car price comparison is often best done online as you will be able to view a variety of deals and choose whichever suits you best ultimately saving you money.