Looking for cheap car hire in Miami should be one of the very first steps that you take to ensure that your trip away is maximised as much as it can be. Hiring a vehicle brings complete flexibility and convenience to your city break as you are not having to rely on bus schedules or expensive taxi fares to get where you want to go and when you want to go there. If you are travelling as a family, having a car is also a lot more convenient if the kids (or adults) start to get tired and want to head back without having to hang around.
Information on places to visit in Miami with a hire car
Miami is known worldwide for its long stretches of sandy beaches, its glitz and glamour and a vibrant nightlife that can rival anywhere in the world. One of the best things to do in this lively city is definitely to visit the iconic Miami Beach. Sit back, relax and enjoy some of the Florida sun, with plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants to make it a full day out if you want. Jungle Island is another great place to visit in Miami and is located on Watson island. It features exciting live shows every day and is just a stone-throw away from South Beach and Downtown Miami. The Art Deco District is a fantastic place to visit and get some Instagram-worthy photos, particularly at night. The pastel-painted buildings are a famous part of Miami and once the sun goes down, take advantage of the outdoor canopy-covered areas as well as seeing neon lights wherever you go. Another place that you can spend a good portion of your day is the vibrant Bayside Market. With over 150 tourist shops, cafes and restaurants you can spend plenty of time eating, drinking and browsing. With live music being a common sight here, it is worth travelling to Bayside Market for the incredible atmosphere on its own.
Car Hire Tips in Miami
- The main tourist spots in Miami are focused around about the same area. However, in order to see everything that this lively city has to offer, a car is a much more efficient way of getting around.
- Miami International Airport is definitely the best place to hire a car from, although you can also find a few options near its major train station.
- Cheap car hire deals can be found from a number of car hire companies. These include Sixt, Enterprise, Alamo, Budget and many more.
- We always recommend booking your car hire in advance to save money and find the cheapest deals.
- Make sure to check your vehicle before driving off to ensure that there aren’t any scratches or damages that the car hire companies might try and charge you for later on.