Hiring a car in Denver is definitely the best way to see all of the sights that this city and its surrounding region has to offer. It is also the most budget-friendly way of visiting. Rather than forking out on expensive taxi journeys or having to pay family-sized fares on public transport, all of your costs are upfront and quite often, are the cheapest in total when you hire a vehicle. On top of all of this, finding a cheap hire car allows you to come and go from places at your convenience, allowing you to fit everything that you want into your holiday.
Information on places to visit in Denver with a hire car
Denver is the capital of the beautiful state of Colorado and is packed full of exciting things to do and see. One of the best places to begin is the charming, historical neighbourhood of Larimer Square. This is the site of the original pioneer camp where a group of American Indians and settlers struck gold at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. The square is now buzzing with shops, restaurants and cafes and is the perfect place to start in Denver. Red Rocks Park should also be high up on your list with its miles upon miles of hiking trails and incredible sandstone cliffs all around. The area covers over 700 acres of land and is where the Great Plains meet the Rocky Mountains. It also features an impressive Amphitheatre formed by the red rocks and has hosted big names such as the Beatles over the years. Washington Park is a great option if you prefer a greener park with its expansive space for jogging, walking, picnic and relaxation spots. 16th Street Mall is the place to indulge in some retail therapy and for a fun day out with the family, we highly recommend Denver Zoo.
Car Hire Tips in Denver
- Denver is surrounded by the Great Plains, the Rocky Mountains, incredible parks and is a huge city in itself. In order to see and do everything that this superb destination has to offer, you will need a hire car.
- We highly recommend booking in advance in order to find the cheapest deal on your vehicle rental. There are plenty of car hire companies competing for your custom so you can usually find low-cost prices.
- The best place to hire a car is either from Denver airport or from the city’s main train station.
- The car hire companies that can be found include Alamo, Avis, Hertz, Budget and more.
- Make sure to check the car’s condition and report any visible damages in order to avoid being charged unnecessarily.