Having a cheap hire car at your disposal whilst on holiday gives you the freedom to explore all the popular sites and attractions at your own leisure. As well as that, you can visit some of the quainter and unique sites that perhaps seemed too much hassle when relying on public transport, you will be more at ease knowing you can jump in and head straight off to your destination! Finally, as there are so many great places to visit in and around Albufeira you are sure to get the most out of your holiday if you have access to a vehicle.
Low Cost Rent-a-Car in Albufeira
Of course one of the most popular things to do with a low cost rent a car in Albufeira is to visit the stunning beaches there. Praia Sao Rafael is a beautiful beach with crystal clear water and soft golden sand, it is quite a well-hidden beach but is definitely worth finding! Another popular beach is Praia da Falésia, it is over 6 km long and is often named as one of the most beautiful beaches in Portugal. It features gorgeous red cliffs, golden sand and clear waters. It can tend to get quite busy in the peak season so that is something to bear in mind. On the other hand, one of the most popular attractions is the Zoomarine Algarve. This is a great family-friendly theme park that revolves around ocean life, it features dolphins, seals, pirate shows, water slides and more, it is the best place to go if you are looking for a fun, action-packed day! Another place you won’t want to miss is a visit to the Old Town, here there are plenty of great places to go and things to do. There is a great choice of restaurants, bars, cafes and shops with very friendly people. It is not too far from the beach and so is great if you are visiting in the summer and want to escape the heat for a little while. Finally, by hiring a car you will be able to visit other pretty towns close by, for example, Lagos is only a 45-minute drive away and is a great place to explore if you are wanting to escape the lively tourist resort and visit a quieter area for the day.
Car Hire Tips for Albufeira
- Albufeira does not have its own airport, the closest is Faro Airport which is around a 45-minute drive away.
- There are plenty of car hire desks at Faro airport including Sixt, Hertz, Europcar, Avis-Budget and more.
- If you are only wanting to hire a car for a few days you also tend to have the option to pick up the car from your resort.
- If you want to avoid toll roads use the N125 which generally runs parallel to the A22. however, it can get busy so if you are going anywhere in a rush perhaps allow yourself more time.
- Roads in the centre of towns and villages can be narrow so take extra care when driving through these.