Hiring a cheap car in Split gives you the opportunity to explore where you want, when you want. There is no need to rely on public transport, which is quite underdeveloped in Croatia, therefore you can visit places not always easily accessible to tourists. Finally, hiring a low-cost vehicle can ultimately help you save money, for example, if you want to visit somewhere more off the beaten track and so is not accessible by public transport, you might find you are having to spend a lot on taxi fares. So why not book your car rental today and save yourself from this hassle?
Information on Places to Visit in Split with a Car
Firstly, a great site to visit is Palazzo di Diocleziano, one of the highlights of Split. This charming area consists of many beautiful buildings which sit inside the walled structure of Split Old Town, for example, the ancient palace which was built for the Roman emperor Diocletian is now one of the most visited locations in Croatia. As well as that, you won’t want to miss a trip to Marjan Park, it is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the town and is a great place to relax away from the hustle and bustle of Split centre. The 178m hill is a stunning natural reserve offering incredible views of the city, this is sure to be a great place to visit whether you are travelling in alone, in a couple or even as a family. One of the best day trips from Split has to be a trip to Trogir, a UNESCO world heritage site, it takes only 30-minutes to drive and is definitely worth a visit. This small, quaint coastal town is rich in history and culture with its most popular attraction being its three-naved Venetian cathedral, which is thought to be one of the finest architectural works in Croatia. Finally, another great day trip worth taking is that to National Park Krka. It covers an area of just over 142 square kilometres and features 7 waterfalls, however, the best part has to be that it is possible to swim at some of the locations! Therefore it is sure to be a fun day out for everyone. So make sure you don’t miss out and book your cheap vehicle rental today!
Car Hire Tips in Split
- You will find plenty of car hire availability at Split Airport including, Europcar, Hertz, Avis Sixt and more as well as a selection of local companies all offering competitive and cheap prices.
- If you book your car in advance you are sure to find a great low-cost deal which is perfectly suited to you.
- It takes roughly 30 minutes to drive from the airport to the city centre.
- There is also the option to hire a car from the city centre if you are planning on exploring on foot first before venturing further afield.
- There are no car parking spaces in the walled Old Town, however, there is a large car park near the port as well as plenty of on-street parking options.
- If you are planning a road trip or two during your stay, you’ll find the roads are pretty well maintained but don’t forget to carry cash with you as the motorways tend to be tolled.