Hiring a cheap car in Larnaca is definitely one of the best ways to explore all this beautiful city has to offer. Your vehicle rental gives you much more freedom to do whatever you want and so you will be able to tailor your holiday towards your interests and visit plenty of exciting places without having to rely on public transport or expensive taxi fares. Finally, it is great for those travelling with small children as it means you can just hop in the car and head straight off to your destination.
Information on Places to Visit in Larnaca With a Car
Undoubtedly, the most popular attraction to visit is Agios Lazaros, this late-9th century church is located in the centre of Larnaca and is the primary place of worship in Agios Lazaros. The intricately designed stone church is thought to be one of the best examples of Byzantine architecture in Cyprus and so is definitely worth the visit. Alternatively, if you are looking for somewhere to unwind I would suggest visiting Mackenzie Beach. This is a great place to relax after a day of exploring as you will find sunbeds as well as a selection of bars and restaurants serving all kinds of tasty dishes, so why not grab a cocktail and enjoy the sunset? As well as that, you will also find Larnaka Salt Lake, it covers around 6 square kilometres and is considered to be the city’s treasure as it is surrounded by some of the greatest historical spots of the city. Not only that but between December to March you can find up to 20,000 flamingos on the Lake! Larnaca is the perfect base to explore the rest of Cyprus for example, Limassol can be found just over 50-minutes away in the car whereas Ayia Napa is just 45-minutes away. Overall, this gives you the opportunity to visit other popular destinations in Cyrpus for the day ensuring you get the very most out of your trip.
Car Hire Tips in Larnaca
- You will find a number of car hire companies based in Larnaca International Airport including Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Sixt all offering cheap car rental deals.
- Cyprus is a relatively small island and so driving to your hotel/resort from the airport should not take long at all regardless of where you are staying on the island.
- It is always a good idea to book online in advance in order for you to find low-cost rental deals and ultimately save yourself money.
- You must be 21 years old to hire a car, so make sure you have all the appropriate documents, however, most rental companies do also surcharge for drivers under the age of 25 so that is also something to keep in mind.
- In Cyprus drivers also drive on the left-hand side of the road the same as the UK.